Saturday 7 January 2017

Hello, long lost friends. The year is new, and with that comes new goals and new dreams!

One of my big goals this year is to write. And not stupid little sentences that get erased from history at random on Facebook, but actually write.

And so here I am.

I've also been feeling the pull to disengage from Facebook as of late. I sit, and I scroll and I scroll and I scroll, and an hour goes by, and I realize that I've actually consumed very little of any value. And I'm certain that I'm not alone in this.   (For me, knowing that I'm not alone in my feeling helps me validate my feelings, in some strange way. I feel like it's the universe's way of saying "these are normal, every day feelings, just look around.) So I deleted the app from my phone. Buh-bye, nary a tear shed. (I can still check it on my laptop, but will do so way less.)

So this year is going to be experienced and documented with photos, including a 365 project on Instagram; as well as here on my poor sad neglected blog.

I started writing this two nights ago. Now it's tonight, and I'm no closer to figuring out the connections between Blogger, and the photos on my phone. Screw you, technology, I'll deal with you later.

Post this baby, photos or no.

Happy New Year!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment