Wednesday 16 September 2015

Birthday blessings.


The birthday faeries brought me coffee in bed, and new sharpes and colouring books. Duck eggs over-perfect and potatoes...and mimosas. Happy children. Walks in the woods and birthday hugs. A day full of satisfying work. Naps. (I'm old now, you know.) Songs on the phone and the answering machine. Texts, and other greetings from near and far. Flowers. Porchoclock in the beautiful sunshine. Shrimp and steak and ice cream. Snuggles. Maple whiskey and campfires and more friends. Kimchi. A warm bed, in a safe home, in a land full of riches. 

(They probably brought other stuff too that I forgot, because I'm 40 now.)

Today I was blessed by the gods and goddesses; a celebration of the day of my birth. May every day of these next years, this next decade be as wonderfully beautiful and inspiring and filled with love as this one. 

I feel the love, people, I really feel it! 

Hey 40's, let's have some fun! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment